Boot Insoles – Footstar Orthotics
Few things are worse than being uncomfortable at work. Pain in your feet, legs, hip or back can make your day feel longer and hinder your productivity. Work boot insoles can provide support to keep your body in the proper alignment and ensure better weight distribution. You can enjoy a comfortable and pain-free work day.
Whether you work around construction, electrical settings, large machinery, extreme cold or heat, hazardous materials, or slippery surfaces, it is important to rely on gear that will not let you down. Work boots and insoles need to be especially reliable in tough situations, which is why we emphasize keeping a high standard of quality with every one of our Footstar Orthotics products. Read on to find more information about our custom work boot insoles and how they can help you in your work environment.
Why Custom Work Boot Insoles
Custom work boot insoles are not just for individuals who work in potentially dangerous situations. Any person who spends a lot of time on their feet can benefit. When standing or walking, the right insole realigns your posture to alleviate discomfort, pain, and other related issues. There are a number of reasons you should consider work boot insoles as part of their daily regimen:
- Save Money: Compared to orthopedic shoes, work boot insoles are far more cost-effective and last longer. They mold to your feet and are less expensive to maintain.
- Foot Pain Reduction: If you notice that your feet hurt while at work, an insole can help whether you have an underlying issue or not. Insoles will naturally reduce the stress placed on your feet so that no one area gets strained more than another. By balancing out the weight-bearing load placed on your feet, you actually reduce the risk of soft tissue inflammation, which is a common cause of pain.
- Shock Absorption: One of the biggest reasons some individuals consider insoles is shock absorption. Those who are more active on the job, or individuals who frequently walk on hard or concrete surfaces, will cause an immense amount of pressure on their feet every time they take a step. When you have a good pair of insoles, they give your feet padding so that the shock causes less trauma to the bones and joints in your feet. It reduces unnatural strain as you move.
How Custom Boot Insoles Work with Your Feet
When standing or walking for long periods of time, the joints in your feet are under a lot of strain. If the stress is not absorbed properly, the problems can radiate up into the joints of your ankles, the hips, knees, and back areas. The right insoles ensure proper alignment to better distribute this stress. In this way, no specific area of the body is dealing with more pressure than the rest.
Custom insoles will stabilize your heel and support your arch while ensuring cushioning for the balls of your feet. This can naturally correct foot problems, such as over pronation. Over pronation is an issue where your arch flattens when you stand and move around. This stress can develop pain in your arch or heel. Some individuals will also experience inner ankle swelling as a symptom. With increased activity, the pain and swelling can worsen, making it difficult to move around freely at work.
Footstar Orthotics has boot insoles that are custom made to mold to your feet. Our variety of orthotics will fit the contours of your feet to provide the right level of backing. If you have a foot condition, such as flat feet, orthotics will reduce the risk of foot fatigue and help you to maintain healthy foot mechanics.
High Quality Work Boot Insoles
The right work boot insoles keep you comfortable and reduce your risk of injury as you go about your work day. This is especially true of those who maintain high quality safety standards at the forefront of their occupation. Slip-resistant insoles are imperative for workers who move heavy equipment, spend time in a factory, or work outdoors.
Footstar Orthotics is proud to offer slip-resistant custom insoles for your work boots. Not only that, our insoles are washable, so you can maintain them and extend their life. This also reduces the risk of foot odor and the buildup of moisture, dirt, and debris in your work boots. These insoles are durable and waterproof, making them ideal for a variety of work environments. Footstar Orthotics insoles are fully prepared to meet the demands of any job.
How Orthotics Prevent Injuries
When you have the proper insoles, your feet will be more comfortable and less prone to injury. Adding insoles to your work boots can prevent the following:
- Hip and Back Pain: When your feet are not properly supported, this can cause stress on other joints in your lower body, including the hips and lower back. Boot insoles provide alignment and prevent tension on these areas.
- Plantar Fasciitis: This condition occurs when the plantar fascia becomes inflamed. The plantar fascia is a thick tissue band that runs from the toes to your heel bone. If you are unsure if you have this condition, you may feel pain close to your heel on the bottom of your foot, as this is the most common symptom. The pain tends to worsen when you sit down after long periods of standing or walking. The plantar fascia is responsible for shock absorption when walking. Factors such as having flat feet and being on your feet for prolonged periods of time increase your risk of this condition. The right custom boot insoles will support your arch and ensure proper shock absorption to protect the plantar fascia. This will reduce the risk of this band of tissue becoming inflamed.
- Callouses: A callous is an area of thickened skin. They tend to occur on the balls of the feet, the outer side of the foot, the big toe, or on the heels. Cushioning the callus with an insole can reduce the associated pain and prevent it from getting worse. Insoles can also prevent the formation of additional callouses.
- Bunions: A bunion is a bony bump that appears at the base of the big toe, although it is possible for bunions to appear on the little toes as well. The most common cause of a bunion is wearing shoes that are too narrow or too tight. Over time, bunions can become larger and more painful when they are left untreated. As they continue to worsen, it can become difficult to walk and wear your normal footwear. In addition to getting footwear that fits properly, the right insoles can help with bunions. They provide stability to the affected joint and ensure better overall weight distribution.
- Shin Splints: Shin splints occur most often in individuals who place frequent tension on the tendons, muscles, and bones in the lower legs. The pain is usually interpreted as a “tender” feeling. As you continue to remain on your feet, the pain can worsen and become continuous. Swelling in the lower leg is also possible. Insoles, however, should address problems with over pronation, since over pronation is a common cause of shin splints.
- Arch Pain: A number of issues can cause pain in the arch of your foot. If your arches are not properly supported, the pain tends to worsen due to increased strain and inflammation on structures such as your plantar fascia and tibialis tendon. For this reason, is important that an insole is made specifically for the height of your arch.
- Flat Feet: A flat foot is characterized by the inner arches of the foot flattening when a person stands up or walks. This condition is common and can occur as a result of an injury, age-related wear and tear, or simply from genetics. Inner ankle swelling is also possible when a person has flat feet. Custom insoles will be able to support the feet, especially your arches, reducing the pressure that flat feet can cause.
- Ball of Foot Pain: A condition referred to as metatarsalgia is characterized by pain in the ball of your foot due to inflammation. It might feel like there is a pebble in your shoe and the pain can be sharp. Some people also experience numbness and shooting pains. With the right orthotics, you can alleviate sharp pains and discomfort.
Call Footstar Orthotics for Your Work Boot Insoles
Custom work boot orthotics make you more comfortable and provide the support you need to help prevent injuries. When you are comfortable and you have the right support, you can accomplish any job.
Footstar Orthotics creates custom insoles for those who wear work boots for their occupation. While work boots are built to be tough and durable, manufacturers often forget the most important detail – comfort and support on the inside of the boot. Our custom made insoles are the answer to your pain.
Call Footstar Orthotics today to learn more and get started with your custom foot orthotics. You can also contact one of our representatives at 1-800-318-0007.